Thursday, October 26, 2006

True MIL Confessions - Edition 9

1. I would be forever grateful if you would just please forget that I exist, or move back to Canada so I could finally hear the end of how great Canada is and how much and my home town sucks. Don’t like it, then leave!

2. PLEASE stop forcing food on me and my children. You are overweight and so are your sons. My children and I are not and I'd like to keep it that way. I am trying very hard to teach them to eat when they are hungry and stop when they are full. Being asked every 5 seconds if they want something to eat (something that is never a fruit or vegetable, BTW) is NOT HELPING.

3. You left him to live your life, got mad at him when he was just a child - being a child - when you divorced his father. then you made bad choices, continually. And now today - after not being there at all for him, you magically want him to just be everything you weren't? before you got ill, you saw our child THREE TIMES in two years, and you wonder why I don't visit you every time you send your sister with your hissy fit? trying to kill your self by starving is not going to garner the attention from us you think it will. we can't heal you - he can't heal you and I won't stand by and watch him drain himself, kill his soul, trying to.

you don't deserve him. or his efforts.

and while I encourage him to try to heal his wounds and forgive you and build some sort of relationship, i personally don't have to like you. and I will protect him from you for ever.

4. I'm sorry, but your house is tiny and uncomfortable. I wish you could understand that if you would allow us to stay in a hotel (without the extreme guilt-tripping) we would all be happier, including you. Maybe we would even stay longer or visit more often. Think about it.

5. Would it kill you to acknowledge me or my children? When I send you pictures, although you have behaved poorly and boorishly to our entire family, sending me an email about how proud my husband must be to be their father doesn't help. I took the picture, I sent it to you, and we have raised those precious children.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home