Tuesday, October 17, 2006

True MIL Confessions - Edition 8

1. Please stop buying my son toys. He’s not 3 anymore and has outgrown nursery rhyme themes.

2. Stop using baby talk to talk to my son. He is six years old, with a vocabulary and literary skill set far superior to yours. The baby talk irritates him and me.

3. Please stop asking when we will plan another baby. We have enough to worry about financially and otherwise while you gamble you fixed income away, have unexpected expenses come up and your get rich quick schemes that end up with your attorney son, my hub, sending a threatening letter to whom ever swindled you.

4. You’re a very miserable person. Very mean and selfish. I cannot believe my hub grew up w/ you as a mother. You are in no position to ever give advice or comment on my parenting skills when you passed off your two daughters as your sisters. I realize that in the 50’s there was a certain shame with children born out of wedlock. But, I will never understand how a mother can deny her children and live a lie. Your mother, to whom your daughters refer to as Mommy, was a saint.

5. Please stop asking how everyone in my entire extended family is doing. Just take for granted that if there was a problem, your son would have told you about it. My guess is that you ask because you want there to be a problem or illness. I’ve seen how you beam with glee when describing the latest illness to hit a relative. It’s really sick.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

#5...My MIL does this too!! She lives for other people's illnesses and crises! It makes me sick, and I have gotten to the point where I never tell her anything happening in my family and have given my husband strict orders to not say anything either!

11:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me too !! My husband does not tell his mother anything...anymore. It helps maintain happiness in our home.She can't "get off" on any issues happening in my family.

11:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just want to say YOU ARE NOT MY MOTHER!

10:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could have written this.

There should be a law against being a crappy MIL.

6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home