Tuesday, August 22, 2006

True MIL Confessions - Edition 3

1. You are not always right, you do not know everything! I have just learned how to shut up and how not to disagree with you. How can you be so nice one minute and then the next time so rude? If you ever call my daughter a brat again, instead of ignoring you the rest of the day I WILL say something. Your 8 year old daughter acts worst than my 2 year old daughter!

2. Last summer hub and I went away for 4 days alone together. His mom was supposed to watch the kids, we paid her $500 (FIVE HUNDRED!!!!!!) to buy food and watch the kids. I called her house one night to talk to the kids (ages 15, 11, and 6) she tells me they are at my house. I call my house and there are my 3 kids, my niece (who my MIL is raising), my nieces 2 friends, 3 of my oldest sons friends and a bat in the house!!!!!! at 10 pm!!!!!

3. One day last spring hub and I had been working crazy hours. I had called her to see if she could get the kids some dinner and make sure they got homework done. I got home at 9:30, not only had the kids not eaten yet, and still had no homework done...she handed me some of her laundry and asked me "could i just throw it in my washer for her?" because her washer was broken. My house was open for her to get in on her own.

4. She has wrecked 3 of her cars in the past 5 years, recently I got a new vehicle and we kept my old one for the oldest to use. My MIL has just taken it over, she never asked or anything. As soon as it came back from the shop (it had needed some work) she started using it. One day she pulls in and says to me "This needs to go in the shop. Something is wrong with it" HELLO? Then take care of it you have been using it for 4 months!!!! When it was fixed she comes to me and says she needs a check to pay for the repairs !!!!!! ARRRGGGHHHH

5. On my hubs and my anniversary recently he had asked her to take our youngest 2 to get their football equipment, so we could have a nice dinner. She did and came in after and handed my hub a card, not an anniversary card to the 2 of us, a card to him, one of those long winded sappy cards that essentially said how special he was and that noone appreciated him like she did and he deserved so much more than what he had. yeah...she is wonderful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home